Hungry Man Benedict SandwichJuly 11, 2016
Original RedJuly 13, 2016
1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. Hollandaise sauce mix (Or prepared from scratch*)
1-1/2 tsp. TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
8 slices Canadian bacon
2 tsp. White vinegar
8 slices Tomatoes, sliced
8 ea. Eggs, large
4 ea. English muffins
2 Tbsp. Butter
*Note that the Hollandaise sauce recipe contains TABASCO® Sauce as an ingredient. So don’t double up on it with the TABASCO® Sauce in this recipe, unless you want it super hot!
1.Prepare Hollandaise sauce according to package directions, adding TABASCO® Sauce when you add the water or milk (depending on directions). Or, prepare Hollandaise sauce from scratch*. Keep warm.
2. Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
3. Fill non-stick skillet with water, about 3/4 full; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Break eggs, one at a time into a saucer; slide each egg into simmering water, no more than 4 at a time. Cook 3 minutes or until eggs are set. Eggs are done when whites become opaque and yolks lose their shine. Repeat with remaining eggs.
4. While eggs are cooking, split and toast the English muffins. Once toasted, butter lightly.
5. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate until you are ready to assemble.
6. To assemble, place two English muffin halves on a plate. Top each half with a slice of Canadian bacon, a slice of tomato and a poached egg. Pour Hollandaise over the top and serve immediately.
-Yield: 4 servings-