Veracruz Breakfast BiscuitsJuly 11, 2016
Western-Style Breakfast BurritoJuly 11, 2016
Wake-Up Call Breakfast Soufflés
12 cups French bread, day-old, 1" cubes
4 cups Aged sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Parsley, fresh, minced
1 cup Scallions, fresh, sliced thin
20 ea. Eggs, large, lightly beaten
2 qts. Milk, whole
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black pepper, freshly ground
2 tsp. Dry mustard
1/2 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. TABASCO® brand Habanero Sauce
1 cup Tomato, fresh, small, diced
8 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1. Spray 16 10-oz. ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange bread cubes in single layer in the bottom of each ramekin.
3. Sprinkle 2 oz. cheese over bread. Add 1/2 oz. parsley and scallions.
4. Beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and TABASCO® Habanero Sauce. Pour evenly into ramekins.
5. Sprinkle diced tomato and crumbled bacon over the top and cover ramekins with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight (you can also freeze the soufflés at this point. If using frozen soufflés, refrigerate overnight before cooking).
6. Remove plastic wrap and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until soufflé has puffed up and is golden brown on top.
-Yield: 16 servings-