New Orleans Garlic Fried Potato ScrambleJuly 11, 2016
Peppered Bacon And Egg Biscuit SandwichJuly 11, 2016
Oysters Rockefeller Benedict
8 ea. Oysters, shucked
8 halves Plum tomatoes, cut in half, de-seeded
1/4 cup Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
6 oz. Wild spinach, chopped
2 Tbsp. Shallot, minced
1/4 cup Heavy cream
2 Tbsp. Pernod
8 ea. Poached eggs
1/4 cup Hollandaise sauce
1/4 cup Buttermilk
2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 cups Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1. Place the shucked, clean oysters into the buttermilk.
2. In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shallots. Cook for 3 minutes until clear.
3. Add the chopped spinach; cook for 1 minute until fully wilted. Add the Pernod, cook for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream, cook over medium heat until cream is 80% evaporated, 3-5 minutes, then add 2 Tbsp. Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce.
4. In a 4 qt. sauce pan add the 2 cups of vegetable oil and heat to 325°F.
5. Remove the oysters from the buttermilk shaking off any excess liquid and lay in the panko breadcrumbs.
6. When the oil is at temp, fry the osyters until the panko is golden brown, approximately 25-45 seconds.
7. Lay 2 tomato halves on a plate, fill the cavity with creamed spinach, lay 1 poached egg over spinach, spoon 1 Tbsp. TABASCO® hollandaise over egg, and place 1 fried oyster on top of hollandaise.
-Yield: 4 servings-