French Cherry ToastJuly 11, 2016
Frittata With Avocado & Corn SalsaJuly 11, 2016
French Toast With Spicy Apple Cherry Compote
5 ea. Granny Smith apples, sliced
5 cups Cherries, pitted
3/4 cup Brown sugar
3/4 cup Kirsch
1-1/2 ea. Lemons, juiced
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
1-1/2 cups Maple syrup
18 ea. Eggs
3/4 cup Half-and-half
1/2 tsp. Sugar
3/4 tsp. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
3 loaves Brioche bread, sliced 1" thick
1. To prepare Compote, combine all ingredients, except maple syrup, in saucepan. Cook over low heat until all flavors have combined and alcohol has cooked off, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Add maple syrup; keep warm.
3. To prepare French Toast, beat eggs in bowl. Add half-and-half, cinnamon, sugar, and Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce. Mix well. Transfer to shallow dish. Soak bread on both sides until saturated.
4. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add as many slices as possible to the pan (do not overcrowd the skillet). Cook until golden brown and then turn bread; cook until golden brown.
5. For each serving, place 2 slices French Toast on plate and spoon compote over them.
-Yield: 12-20 servings-