Cinnamon French Toast Sandwich With Sausage And Smoky Maple SyrupJuly 9, 2016
Country Ham & Cheese ScrambleJuly 11, 2016
Corny Jumpin' Flapjacks With Garlic-Cilantro Butter
1 stick Butter, room temperature
2 tsp. Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 tsp. Lime juice
1 tsp. Lime zest
1-1/4 cups Yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1-3/4 tsp. Baking powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
1-2/3 cups Milk
4 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted, melted
1/4 cup + as desired Honey, divided
2 ea. Eggs
3/4 cup Corn, canned, whole kernels, drained
1 Tbsp. Jalapeño, minced
1-1/2 tsp. TABASCO® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
Pepper to taste
Butter as needed
1. Combine room-temperature butter, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and zest in a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Roll mixture up in wax paper to form a log and place in refrigerator until firm.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine milk, melted butter, 1/4 cup honey and eggs.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined. Add corn jalapeños, TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce and black pepper.
5. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of butter to the pan and spoon 1/4 cup of batter into skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top; flip over to finish cooking.
-Yield: 6 servings-