Buffalo Style Chicken And Egg PaniniJuly 9, 2016
Canadian Bacon And Egg Po’ BoyJuly 9, 2016
Café Sambal Turkey Hash, Poached Eggs And Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 ea. Yellow onions, fine diced
2 cups Carrots, peeled, fine diced
2 cups Celery, stalk, peeled, fine diced
3 lbs. Red potatoes, small cubed, skin on
1-1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
5 lbs. Turkey, honey roasted, diced
2 Tbsp. Basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. Mint, fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
8 ea. Egg yolks
1 Tbsp. White vinegar
4 Tbsp. Chardonnay wine
1 Tbsp. Lemon, juice
1-1/2 Tbsp. TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
1 dash Salt
1 dash White pepper, ground
1 qt. Butter, clarified, warm
1-1/2 gals. Water
1-1/2 cups White vinegar
15-20 ea. Eggs, fresh, whole
Red peppers, fine diced, for garnish as needed
Cilantro sprigs, for garnish as needed
1. To prepare the Turkey Hash, in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Do not let it get too hot.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery, potatoes and garlic. Glaze for about 5-10 minutes or until light brown.
3. Add the diced turkey and incorporate. Stir and let cook for another 5 minutes; then remove from heat.
4. Add the herbs, stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
5. Place in refrigerator. To reheat, use a Teflon® skillet over medium heat.
6. To prepare the Chipotle Hollandaise, place the egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl along with all the other ingredients except the butter.
7. Place the bowl over a pot of lightly boiling water and whisk until it forms into a light-creamy consistency.
8. Remove from heat and slowly drizzle in the warm clarified butter while stirring constantly. Season to taste and add more TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce, depending on how spicy you want your sauce. Hold at 90°F for up to 2-3 hours.
9. To prepare Poached Eggs, combine and bring to a boil the water and vinegar. Slow to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a cup and gently insert into the poaching solution. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes for medium (egg still soft in center).
11. To serve, place the reheated Turkey Hash on a plate or platter, depending on your presentation style. Top the hash with the Poached Eggs and glaze with the Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce. Garnish with fine diced red peppers and cilantro sprigs.
-Yield: 15-20 servings-