Le Big Smoke KetchupApril 29, 2017
9 Spice Chicken Wings With White Barbecue Sauce
For the White Barbecue Dipping Sauce
250ml Greek yogurt
120ml apple cider vinegar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
15ml TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
30ml molasses (Black Treacle)
1 teaspoon salt
For the Wings
2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons Chinese 5 spice powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeño finely chopped, with seeds
60ml extra-virgin olive oil
120ml TABASCO® Sauce (2 60ml bottles)
24 chicken wings
1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
Prepare the White Barbecue Dipping Sauce
1. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce.
2. Cover until ready to use or keep cold in the refrigerator.
Prepare the Chicken Wings
1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and the chopped jalapeño and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil and ¼ cup of the TABASCO® Sauce, then add in the wings and toss to coat evenly.
3. Sprinkle liberally with the spice mixture and toss to distribute spices.
4. Put all of the bowl contents in a plastic zipper bag, seal, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (up to 24 hours).
5. Grill the wings over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink near the bone, about 18 minutes. Make sure to turn them every few minutes to get an even, dark char.
6. Remove the cooked wings from the grill and toss them in a clean bowl with the remaining TABASCO® Sauce and the spring onions until evenly coated.
7. Serve the wings with the White Barbecue Dipping Sauce.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.