New Orleans BBQ ShrimpApril 29, 2017
9 Spice Chicken Wings With White Barbecue SauceApril 29, 2017
Le Big Smoke Ketchup
Le Swine – Bacon Butty Exalter
“TABASCO Chipotle Sauce adds a fantastic smoky depth to the ketchup taking it to the next level.”
- Chef James Packman, Le Swine, London
1 tbsp groundnut oil, or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ tsp cumin seed, roasted and ground
½ tsp coriander seeds, roasted and ground
1 tsp tomato paste
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp dark agave syrup (or regular syrup as an alternative)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
800g chopped tomatoes
30ml TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
Juice of ¼ lime
25ml blanco tequila
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
1. Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan on a medium to high heat and caramelise the onion until soft and golden. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, tomato paste and stir until the garlic is soft, then add a pinch of salt.
2. Pour in the agave syrup and red wine vinegar and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and again, until reduced to a thick consistency. Remove from heat and blend using a blender until smooth.
3. Once cooled, stir in the TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce, lime juice and tequila.
4. Pour into a preserving jar and label with the date
5. Serve with a delicious egg and bacon butty!